Monday, May 28, 2018

Are You Seeking Your Ultimate Joy?

61 years.  Not really a long time.  But that is  the current length of time of my life.  I have already accepted that at the most, I have 30-35 more years left in this earthly existence.  I 'm okay with that notion.  From being involved with religion and the belief in a God, Creator, or whatever label you want to assign it, I believe there is something else after we depart from this human life.

While I am "living" I do want to make the most of the years I have.  I'd like to have as much positive impact and effect as many positive changes as possible.  I have come to learn that it is not up to me to determine what are those positive acts.  Our Creator did lay out some guidelines and rules for us to follow.  Unfortunately those rules have been ignored, forgotten, or just outright knowingly violated.  So what I now try to accomplish is to perform as many positive acts as I can that fall under those Godly guidelines.

I don't know the percentage, but many of us did not begin our lives under the tutelage of parents who taught us these Godly rules.  So during our formative years I know I violated many of the rules and guidelines and continued to do so into my adult years.   That is also the nature of our world and culture.  We are focused on our human activities and governing ourselves with our selfish laws that benefit us and our un Godly activities.  I think it would take a major cataclysmic event to bring most of us into thinking and attempting to follow the rules God created for us.

One thing I have come to understand is that a perfect world will never be achieved.  As the book of Revelations explains, the world is doomed to a violent destruction.  We do not even want to think of such an event.  We engage instead in pleasurable humanistic activities that bring enjoyment to our lives.  We cover up the reality of what is eventually our fate by establishing a lifestyle that we think brings us the enjoyment we were meant to have.

What we do not realize is that there is something so much better awaiting us. Something greater than any joy we can create on this earth.  It all involves following the guidelines, rules, and laws given us by our Creator.  If you have not already started on your journey to learn and abide by those rules, there is time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment