Thursday, December 7, 2023

The Sadness of the Season - Pay something positive forward - Make Some Good News

 I was in line at a local grocery store.  A man in front of me had just gotten in line.  He had a red hoodie covering the top of his head, obscuring his face from the back.  I noticed the one item he was purchasing was a six pack of beer.  It was about 9 in the morning.  As he turned to pay his bill I noticed that he was a black gentleman.  He looked younger than me.  He at first glance reminded me of me, if life had taken the wrong turn in my life.

I thought it was sad that this culture and his life journey had gotten him to the point where purchasing a beer for breakfast was the beginning of his day.  I assumed it was his breakfast.  After I paid for my items I went outside to see where he had gone.  I think my intent was to talk to him.  I was praying silently to myself as I was headed outside.  When I got outside I saw him walking.  He was with another gentlemen and they were headed I assumed to his vehicle.

From that experience I think I will try to do a few deeds of kindness to others during this holiday season.  Maybe it will be motivation to do so throughout the year.  Pay it forward.  Make some good news.



No comments:

Post a Comment